Cyclops is one of the best mage heroes in terms of delivering heavy magical damage and ganking in lanes. He has the ability to increase his speed and generate magical power that can damage enemy unit when chasing them.
When choosing your first mage hero, you would want to consider using him first because of the following:
· Unlike other mage heroes, Cyclops cost cheaper with only 15,000 battle points.
· He is a fast moving mage heroes and very good for ganking enemy lanes.
· He can disable enemy unit and at the same time deliver high damage.
· His ability cooldown are easily reduced when you keep on using your skills to hit the enemy.
Passive - Starlit Hourglass
Current cooldown of all skills will reduced by 0.5 seconds when his skills hit enemies.
1st Skill – Stardust Shock
Gathers the power of stars and casts two shock waves of stardust, each dealing 220 (+60% Total Magic Power) pts of magic damage to the enemy.
Base Damage: 220/225/290/325/360/395
Figure 1: Stardust Shock
2nd Skill – Planets Attack
Uses the powers of stars to generate a starlit sphere spinning around him and increases his own movement speed greatly for a short period of time. The sphere will attack nearby enemies (enemy hero first) automatically, dealing 210 (+50% Total Magic Power) pts of magic damage to them (damages dealt to the same target will decay).
Skill Consumption: 75/85/95/105/115/125
Base Damage: 210/250/290/330/370/410
Figure 2: Planets Attack
Ultimate – Star Power Lockdown
Cyclops wields the power of stars to his fullest and creates a magic sphere filled with planetary power to track his enemy, dealing 600(+220% Total Magic Power) magic damage. The target will be immobilized for 1-2 seconds base on sphere’s flying distance.
Skill Consumption: 160/180/200
Base Damage: 600/750/900
Figure 3: Star Power Lockdown
For Cyclops gear set, the first thing you need to consider when choosing your items are as follows.
a. Cooldown Reduction
b. Mana regeneration
Aside from gear item that can increase your magic damage, you need to prioritize cooldown and mana regen first because it would be pointless on having great amount of damage if you cannot spam your skills successively by lacking mana regen and having high cooldown skills. For you to be able to solve this problem, it is recommended to buy the following item first.
Enchanted Talisman – This gives additional 250HP, 50 magic power, and 20% cooldown reduction with a unique passive ability of regenerating up to 10% of one’s mana every 10 seconds providing adequate mana regeneration.
Magic Shoes – Provides +40 movement speed with additional 10% cooldown reductions.
With these two items, you can easily gain enough mana regen that you can use for spamming skills and at the same time it will provide you with 30% cooldown reduction. In this way you can spam your skills to enemy more and annoy them in lane.
In the beginning of the game, you will be given 300 gold coins that you can use to buy your first items. When buying your first items, it is better to start by farming jungle monster so that you can easily level up and easily gank lanes.
· Cyclops is a skill dependent hero so farming jungle monster is also a great option for you to consider.
· Buying hunter’s knife (cost 280 coins) as your initial item first would be okay to start farming your item, in this way you can easily level up because this will give you 15% additional experience when jungling and at the same time it will give also provide you with additional 20% damage to monsters.
· After hunter’s knife, you can start assembling your first two items by buying magic necklace first. In this way you will have additional mana regen during your early game.
a. For your third item, you could choose by starting with additional magic damage or spell vamp gear. Your third item would be situational depending on your current condition in the game, it enemy team are playing aggressively and continuously gank your lane, you can start assembling concentrated energy first so that you can sustain your HP in this scenario.
Concentrated Energy – This item will provide you 70 magic power and additional 700 HP with 30% Spell vamp as well as giving you the ability to regenerate 10% of your HP after killing a hero.
b. If you think you are safe in your lane and you continuously progress in your gameplay by harassing and pushing your enemy’s lane, then you can already start assembling your additional magic damage.
· You can either choose glowing wand first or lightning truncheon as your third item.
Glowing Wand – This item will provide +75 Magic Power, 5% Movement Speed and +15 Magic Penetrations. This item will also provide a unique passive ability the burns the target for 3 seconds when the skills hit, dealing 2%/2.5%/3% of the target’s current HP as magic damage, at least 10 points. With this item, you can further enhance your love wave skill by providing additional damage overtime to your enemy.
Lightning Truncheon – This item will give you 75 additional magic power and 30 mana regeneration with a unique passive ability wherein every 6 seconds, your next damaging magical ability will proc, maximum of 3 enemies will be hurt by 150% magic power damage.
· For your last item gear, you can now increase the magic damage you inflict to your enemy by increasing your magic penetration. In this way you can easily decrease your enemy’s defense when delivering your high magic damage.
· When we talk about magic penetration, we are actually ignoring the magic resistance of enemy unit so that your magic damage can easily pass through their defensive properties.
· When choosing what best item for this, you can choose Devil Tears to make your magic damage higher when you hit your enemy.
Devil Tears – Provides 65 magic power and 40% magic penetration. When HP is higher than 70% the unique bonus effect is increased by 30%
REMINDERS WHEN USING CYCLOPS
1. Since cyclops is a magic ability spammer, gank in lanes if necessary by hiding on bushes and wait for enemy team to move further in your lane before delivering your combo skill. In this way you can ensure that all your ability skill will hit the enemy and can guarantee you a high chance of killing them.
2. Start by using your ultimate skill on enemy team when ganking so that you can disable them then use your 2nd skill to chase them off. When you and your teammates are not able to finish them off, you can use your 1st skill then to kill them when running away since it has a high range.
3. During team battle, do not enter the battle field first, let your tank and support heroes go in first so that you won’t be hit with their skills first. One reason for this is because Cyclops is one of the damage dealer on your team that can deliver continuous damage to enemy so when you die early in the battlefield your team will lack damage to finish the enemy.
4. Level up your second skill first before your first skill and always get your ultimate when it is ready. In this way you will have enough protection when being gank by enemy team.
5. Your second skill as mention serves as your protection, when enemy team are trying to chase you away you can use this skill to increase your speed and at the same time you can inflict high damage to that enemy that can greatly help you in surviving in this kind of situation.
6. As mention before, Cyclops needs a lot of farming to become a deadly mage. But just because you are a farming mage it doesn’t mean that you should focus more on the jungle for gaining experience. Leave some jungle monster for your team especially for assassin heroes because they need the buff more than you. In this way you can be a team player with your team.
7. When enemy is pushing your lane always be alert in defending it. Cyclops is a good tower defender because he can easily kill enemy minions.